Friday, May 28, 2010

Should Personal Finance Writers Be Liable For Bad Advice

George Mannes (money.cnn.com) wrote an article on the "responsibility" that personal finance writers have regarding the advice they provide.

My blog is all about education, so this topic is something that I think about often. And I think that Mr. Mannes last sentence sums things up nicely:

As I have learned from personal experience, if people think I've given bad advice, word gets around pretty quickly.

I tend to stay away from providing advice, simply because your advice must be customized for your unique financial situation. And even then, you are ultimately responsible for your financial future (Principle #1)!

So don't take anyone's word for it, unless it is your own.

Sources:

Should personal finance writers be liable for bad advice?

George Mannes - CNN Money

http://moremoney.blogs.money.cnn.com/2010/05/27/should-personal-finance-writers-be-liable-for-bad-advice

No comments:

Post a Comment